October 18, 2022
The DBIA Board and members would like to thank both John and Eric for their hard work and dedication, John who served 20 years plus in many different Board of Director positions and Eric who served 4 years as our Council representative.
We would also like to take this opportunity to high recent DBIA accomplishments, which both John and Eric helped make possible:
• Win This Space: With a grand prize of $12,000 payable toward leasing space, this contest attracted new businesses to the downtown for several years including, Fairy Sweet bakery, Love and Lee bridal boutique, Happy Popcorn gourmet popcorn, Tilley’s Eatery restaurant, and Mike’s Printing& Apparel custom screen printing and retail t-shirt shop
• Furniture: Attractive new black steel furniture along main corridors including benches, planters, trash bins, recycling bins, and bike racks
• Flowers: Fresh new flower arrangements every spring in planters strung along the sidewalk and hanging from lamp posts
• Lighting: Bright new cost-efficient high-level LED lighting that illuminates sidewalk and parking areas that contributes to safer spaces, and attractive new lower-level lamp post lanterns that add to aesthetics and ambiance
• Parking: Ongoing monitoring of the paid parking program and lobbying for continual improvement
• Banners: Updated to display local artist renderings of downtown attractions such as Play, Eat, Shop and Arts prominently hanging from lamp posts
• Signage: New Street signs featuring an updated Downtown BIA logo with street names in crisp white lettering on a rich black background
• Historic Walking Tour: A tapestry of stories and landmarks from the city’s past. Taken together, these beautiful pieces of art tell the story of Cornwall’s role in the development of Canada.
• Festivals & Events: Sponsorship and guidance of various activities aimed at inviting the community and visitors to experience entertainment in the downtown including Art Walk, Shop the Blocks, Holiday Sparkle, Foodfest, Pitt Street Promenade, and more.
Sincerely The DBIA Board Committee